Date(s) - 08/07/2018
4:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Changing systems, changing ourselves: Anti-racist practice for sanctuary, accompaniment & resistance
A four-session monthly interactive e-course for groups to explore, reflect, and act for social change.
This program is a collaboration of the American Friends Service Committee’s Sanctuary Everywhere initiative and the UUA and UUSC’s Love Resists campaign with partners Church World Service and CIVIC.
Do you want to join a community of people of faith and conscience committed to taking action as well as practicing reflection?
Are you seeking ways to offer grounded solidarity that don’t reproduce oppressive practices?
Have you ever gone to an immigration (ICE) check-in or court to support a person at risk of deportation?
Is your congregation part of the New Sanctuary Movement, or talking about joining?
Join a four-session monthly online course that explores:
- Self- and group-reflection on undoing racism in the context of immigrant rights solidarity.
- The U.S. immigration system’s history of racial exclusion and how it plays out today.
- The theology and practice of accompaniment.
- Real life examples through case-studies.
- Practical skills in three streams: ICE/court accompaniment, congregational sanctuary, and immigration detention/prison visitation.