An LGBTQIA+ Welcoming Congregation
We are a Welcoming Congregation, recognized by the Unitarian Universalist Association. This means we affirm and include people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer at every level of congregational life—in worship, in program, and in social occasions—welcoming them as whole people. We were first certified as a Welcoming Congregation in 2012, and in 2019 we completed the renewal process and were awarded a re-certification.
As a Welcoming Congregation we have pledged to:
- honor the lives of all people and equally affirm displays of caring and affection without regard for sexual orientation.
- celebrate diversity by using inclusive language and content in worship.
- incorporate an understanding of the experience of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer persons throughout all of our programs, including religious education.
- affirm and celebrate lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer issues and history.
- affirm marriage equality and conduct same-sex weddings.
- advocate for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people, promoting justice, freedom, and equality in the larger society. We speak out when the rights and dignity of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people are at stake.
Local Partners – UUFD regularly partners with several organizations in the Four Corners Region to support and ally with the local LGBTQIA+ community. These include but are not limited to: Four Corners Alliance for Diversity, Four Corners Rainbow Youth Center and 4STAR:4 Corners Support for Transgender people, Allies, and Relatives.