Facility Use Request
COVID-19 Facility Use Policy B-8.1.5 (R)
As COVID-19 morbidity and mortality rates continue to grow, the Board recognizes the safest action for our congregation is to avoid-in person gatherings and to continue virtual operations until the pandemic subsides.
The Board’s duty of care requires oversight of the church’s human and material resources to ensure that they are used for the benefit of its mission. The Board is grounded in its duty by Unitarian Universalist principles including:
- Concern for the most vulnerable
- Accessibility and inclusion of all members and friends
- Recognition of our part in the interdependent web and that our risk-taking and protective actions affect more than just ourselves.
- Ethical treatment of our leaders and staff requires minimizing risks to them.
- Good science and our UU values must be the basis for decisions.
- Commitment to our mission, community, and theology
- Mindful of the spiritual demands of transition.
- Hope that we will create “a new normal” with more justice, more love, more equity, more sustainability, and more peace.
Recognizing virtual meetings are safest, we are also aware of our strong desire to connect in person on the UUFD campus. UUFD small groups, therefore, are permitted to gather on the campus and must observe the following restrictions:
- Outdoor spaces available for small group gatherings are restricted to the south end of the parking lot and the lawn behind the San Juan Building.
- Indoor spaces are not available except to staff.
- Staff will assign outdoor spaces based on the number of persons who can safely be accommodated in each area. As determined by the state social distancing calculator, capacity for the lawn is 12 persons and capacity for the south end of the parking lot is 33 persons.
- Only one group will be scheduled at a given time.
UUFD small groups include groups that are within Board or Minister categories according to the UUFD Governance/Ministry Model; such as Committees, Teams, and Faith Formation. As determined by Staff, special consideration may be given to Social Justice activities or other circumstances that fall outside the stated guidelines.
B-18.104.22.168 (R) Participants’ Responsibilities
Participants in UUFD small groups must observe the following:
- Maintain at least 6 feet of physical distance.
- Wear nose/mouth masks while on the UUFD campus at all times, except while eating or drinking.
- Provide own lawn chair, blankets, and/or tables to minimize the shared use of chairs and other items (umbrellas, etc.). UUFD furniture must not be used.
- Provide own hand sanitizers and observe good personal hygiene practices.
- Provide own food or beverages. No food or beverages may be served or shared.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed.
- Communal singing is not permitted.
- Notify the UUFD office staff with any positive COVID test results within 14 days of the event. The office will notify the health department.
B-22.214.171.124 (R) Restroom Use
One restroom in the Sanctuary building will be available for use. Participants must observe the following:
- Only one person at a time is permitted in the Sanctuary Building. Exceptions are allowed for children or others who need assistance.
- All posted distancing requirements must be observed while waiting to use restroom.
- Do not go beyond barrier in the hallway.
- Each restroom user must disinfect all services touched before and after every use according to the posted cleaning procedures.
- Close toilet cover before flushing. Use of the urinal is not allowed.
B-126.96.36.199 (R) Group Organizers
Group organizers must be members of UUFD and assume the following responsibilities:
- Apply for and reserve a defined space with UUFD office staff following reservation procedures developed by staff.
- Within 24-hours following the event, use staff-developed forms and procedures to provide to the UUFD office a list of participants with information sufficient for contact tracing by local health authorities.
- Remain onsite for the entire meeting and agree to enforce these safety precautions.
- Shut-down the meeting and notify the office staff if any participant refuses to comply.
- Understand that non-compliance may result in revocation of the useof outdoor space for small group meetings.
- Assure the restroom is disinfected following the meeting.
- Follow up with all participates for any COVID positive test results within 14 days of the event and notify the UUFD office with the names of any positive cases. Staff will notify the health department of COVID positive test results among any small group event participants.
B-188.8.131.52 (R) Staff Responsibilities
Staff responsibilities include:
- Scheduling meeting times and spaces
- Developing and implementing reservation forms and procedures
- Reporting to local health authorities the names and contact information of any participants they learn of who test COVID positive within 14 days of attending an event on the UUFD campus.
B-184.108.40.206 (R) COVID-19 Monitoring
Using state and local health mandates and recommendations from the UUA, representatives of the UUFD Pandemic Task Force will notify the Board of any local COVID-19 status changes. If COVID-19 becomes more prevalent locally, the outdoor space on the UUFD campus will close for any meetings.
Date approved by Board of Trustees October 4, 2020
Facility Use Request Form
OFF LIMITS: PATIO, PORCH, PATIO YARD, ANY INDOOR AREA, EAST SANCTUARY RESTROOM, BOWMAN RESTROOM
Attendance Report Form / Exit Checklist… (.pdf)
Please print a copy, complete, and drop off in church office mailbox. Thanks.